vendredi 3 janvier 2014

Blending in

India started to unfold itself as we boarded the fully booked air india flight 142, the flight was late, the staff were carreless and the smell of the food was great. We landed in delhi in thick fog and mist as it was muggy even if only 13 degrees. The connecting flight to Goa was impecable as the plane was quite empty so i was able to get a good nap. I still had 3 1/2 hours of driving ahead of me, so the driver pulled up at my Gokarna guest house at 8:30pm in time for me to get into my room drop my things and rush to get some food. In the morning, I was able ti discover this peaceful, cute and small seafront pilgrimage town where some post hippies have also been coming for many years. Its has a small, very small town center and shopping street called 'car street' as the other streets are too smal for any cars to drive through. There is a main beach that is pretty long and a few cove beaches that are south of the city. One of these beaches is shapped as the OM so many indians go there for a look and a swim. Overall a nice place but not much to do and the accomodation on the beaches is pretty very very basic and plain dirty, my option to stay in a more expensive but clean place in town was definately a good option and probably also saves me many many bites.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire