mercredi 5 mars 2014

February comes to an end, march will be full of excitement

As february comes to an end, it feels good to be here and to still have a few weeks to enjoy the sun and the sea and some massages. I have had the visit of two friends from Paris, Richard who was visiting Keral and stopped by in Varkala for a few days and Jules who I persuaded to come to Varkala and spend a week with me as he knows india very well and has visited more than 20 times but never had he been south so this year he focussed on Tamil Nadu and a little of Kerala. He was only here for a week so we had two days away from the beach, one on the backwaters and the other going further  south to visit a beautiful wood palace as well as a Jain temple on the top of a hill with a superb view on the valley below. Now I have to get some massages into my schedule, I have had some.form Ajeesh this guy who was great last year and a little less this year, I have also found Jobin who also has Kalari background and learnt from.his grandfather and gives a real good massage. I have tried a few other therapists some ok some not so good, but I learn from them all. 
March is also a new experience for me as I have never been in India at this season. You actually feel a difference with february, more heat, some storms and tropical rain that are so welcome and cool down the air and earth, but the most noticeable is the departure of many of the foreigners so its quieter. Its also a time for more festivals and even if I will be gone for the main temple festival that is due at the end of the month, I,will be here for the little neighborhood temple festival that is this week end. As it is so close, the music will be extra loud and of course be played all night for two nights. I am enjoying this last week here and also looking forward to moving on and up. I have started to plan my mountain adventure a litlle and it's looking good on paper.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire